Fight Companion
THE NEW SITE IS NOW UP! SIGN UP NOW!

www.timewasted.tv/forums

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fight Companion
THE NEW SITE IS NOW UP! SIGN UP NOW!

www.timewasted.tv/forums
Fight Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Brown confirms fight with Nate Diaz at UFC 189 is off

Go down

Matt Brown confirms fight with Nate Diaz at UFC 189 is off Empty Matt Brown confirms fight with Nate Diaz at UFC 189 is off

Post by El Jefe Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:19 am

Well, it seems a welterweight bout between Matt Brown and Nate Diaz at UFC 189 wasn't meant to be.

After Diaz explained to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani that the bout hadn't been discussed before being announced by the UFC, Brown took to Twitter Tuesday night to confirm it was off.

According to FOX Sports, Brown responded 'He didn't sign the contract' when asked about the bout.

Diaz admitted he saw the appeal in a fight between he and Brown, but said he felt he was being 'strong-armed into a fight.'

"I think that's a great fight, everybody would want to see that fight -- I would if I was just a fight fan, that sounds like an awesome fight, like a fight you'd like to see," Diaz said Monday. "But it was never talked about, and it kind of feels like I'm being forced into a fight instead of talked to and dealt with fairly."

Brown also tweeted he held no ill will for Diaz, counting himself as a fan.

El Jefe
El Jefe

Back to top Go down