Fight Companion
THE NEW SITE IS NOW UP! SIGN UP NOW!

www.timewasted.tv/forums

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fight Companion
THE NEW SITE IS NOW UP! SIGN UP NOW!

www.timewasted.tv/forums
Fight Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anderson Silva asks for rematch with Nick Diaz in Brazil

Go down

Anderson Silva asks for rematch with Nick Diaz in Brazil Empty Anderson Silva asks for rematch with Nick Diaz in Brazil

Post by El Jefe Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:24 am

Anderson Silva wants Nick Diaz for his next UFC fight.

The former middleweight champion, who defeated Diaz via unanimous decision at UFC 183 in January, will likely have his victory overturned to a no-contest after failing two drug tests for multiple banned substances before and right after the fight, and cites "things that are unfinished" to ask for a rematch.

"I believe that there [are] some things that are unfinished between me & Nick Diaz," Silva posted on his Instagram. "I now hope that you, Dana White can accept my request & make a rematch possible in my country, Brazil."

Silva failed drug test for drostanolone, androstane, oxazepam and temazepam, while Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites. Both fighters are expected to meet the Nevada Athletic Commission in May.

Besides a UFC fight with Diaz, Silva is interested in competing at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. A 5th dan black belt in taekwondo, "The Spider" sent a letter to the president of the Brazilian Taekwondo Federation (CBTKD), Carlos Fernandes, asking for a spot in the Brazilian team at next year’s Olympics.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/15/8420093/anderson-silva-asks-for-rematch-with-nick-diaz-in-brazil
El Jefe
El Jefe

Back to top Go down