Fight Companion
THE NEW SITE IS NOW UP! SIGN UP NOW!

www.timewasted.tv/forums

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fight Companion
THE NEW SITE IS NOW UP! SIGN UP NOW!

www.timewasted.tv/forums
Fight Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Discussion** WARNING: SPOILERS!

2 posters

Go down

***'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Discussion** WARNING: SPOILERS! Empty ***'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Discussion** WARNING: SPOILERS!

Post by El Jefe Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:14 pm

***'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Discussion** WARNING: SPOILERS! Tfa_poster_wide_header-1536x864-959818851016

All discussion about the film will go here. Spoilers are welcome.

If you have not seen the film yet then continue with caution!
El Jefe
El Jefe

Back to top Go down

***'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Discussion** WARNING: SPOILERS! Empty Re: ***'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Discussion** WARNING: SPOILERS!

Post by El Jefe Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Before breaking things down and going into theories and ideas and whatnot, I'm going to do a quick rundown of some 'Likes' and 'Dislikes.'

• New characters were very well done and very likable.
  • Lightsaber duels were a nice in between mix. Not slow like originals, nor fast/choreographed like prequels. Very realistic. Like a real sword fight.
  • The Nostalgia
  • The action. Fast paces. Very frenetic and engaging.
  • Fresh looks/scenes/character. Female lead. Black guy. Falcon flying through the snow. X-wings flying over water.
  • Kylo Ren. Cool look. Cool voice. Great idea to have a Sith who struggles with the dark side. In the past all Siths were 100% down for the cause and it were Jedi who struggled.
  • The force was introduced/told in a good way to new audiences.
  • Rey discovering her powers over the course of the film.
  • Snoke. Very interesting character. Loved how he was portrayed as a giant, godlike being. (even if it was just a hologram)
  • Humanized stormtroopers.
  • The duel at the end between Rey and Ren in the snowy woods. Gorgeous!
  • Luke Skywalker. Mark Hamill is so badass that he got 30 seconds of screen time and no lines and still had the most intense, captivating, powerful performance of the movie.
  • Physical props and practical effects.

DISLIKES

• Relied way too much on 'A New Hope.' Was almost like it was a sequel trying to be a remake. Most of the exposition and new character groundwork should have been laid here. It was nice seeing all the throwbacks, but they went a little overboard. Even the characters in the movie were marking out over the originals.
  • Finn using the lightsaber. He's not a jedi. He's not even force sensitive. Yet he just picks up a lightsaber for the first time ever and uses it like it's nothing. Even going toe-to-toe with a very powerful Sith.  Really undermined/devalued the lightsaber and its importance.
  • Rushed scenes. Never time to settle. Scene to scene to scene. Problem to problem to problem.
  • Never had much time with new characters. They were always rushed. See above.
  • Soundtrack. Nothing really stood out. Not a lot stood out in the original trilogy either. Hate them all you want, but the prequels had the best music. (Duel of Fates, Across the Stars, Battle of the Heroes)
  • The reveal of who Kylo Ren is was executed poorly. No build up. Nothing special about it. Should have been a bigger deal.

Will add more as I think of them.
El Jefe
El Jefe

Back to top Go down

***'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Discussion** WARNING: SPOILERS! Empty Re: ***'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Discussion** WARNING: SPOILERS!

Post by Brujo Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:51 pm

Gary Laser Eyes wrote:Before breaking things down and going into theories and ideas and whatnot, I'm going to do a quick rundown of some 'Likes' and 'Dislikes.'

• New characters were very well done and very likable.
  • Lightsaber duels were a nice in between mix. Not slow like originals, nor fast/choreographed like prequels. Very realistic. Like a real sword fight.
  • The Nostalgia
  • The action. Fast paces. Very frenetic and engaging.
  • Fresh looks/scenes/character. Female lead. Black guy. Falcon flying through the snow. X-wings flying over water.
  • Kylo Ren. Cool look. Cool voice. Great idea to have a Sith who struggles with the dark side. In the past all Siths were 100% down for the cause and it were Jedi who struggled.
  • The force was introduced/told in a good way to new audiences.
  • Rey discovering her powers over the course of the film.
  • Snoke. Very interesting character. Loved how he was portrayed as a giant, godlike being. (even if it was just a hologram)
  • Humanized stormtroopers.
  • The duel at the end between Rey and Ren in the snowy woods. Gorgeous!
  • Luke Skywalker. Mark Hamill is so badass that he got 30 seconds of screen time and no lines and still had the most intense, captivating, powerful performance of the movie.
  • Physical props and practical effects.

DISLIKES

• Relied way too much on 'A New Hope.' Was almost like it was a sequel trying to be a remake. Most of the exposition and new character groundwork should have been laid here. It was nice seeing all the throwbacks, but they went a little overboard. Even the characters in the movie were marking out over the originals.
  • Finn using the lightsaber. He's not a jedi. He's not even force sensitive. Yet he just picks up a lightsaber for the first time ever and uses it like it's nothing. Even going toe-to-toe with a very powerful Sith.  Really undermined/devalued the lightsaber and its importance.
  • Rushed scenes. Never time to settle. Scene to scene to scene. Problem to problem to problem.
  • Never had much time with new characters. They were always rushed. See above.
  • Soundtrack. Nothing really stood out. Not a lot stood out in the original trilogy either. Hate them all you want, but the prequels had the best music. (Duel of Fates, Across the Stars, Battle of the Heroes)
  • The reveal of who Kylo Ren is was executed poorly. No build up. Nothing special about it. Should have been a bigger deal.

Will add more as I think of them.

100% on all positives, they were for me too.

only negative that stood out to me was Finn and the duel, I understand the blaster/gunner skills he easily picked up as a lifelong first order trainee, I really liked that aspect, but his lightsaber game too on point.

the end of Han Solo also felt forced to me but I can't really explain why i feel that way.
Brujo
Brujo
MODERTATOR
MODERTATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down